National radar

Monday, December 2, 2013

RENA

When I mentioned rags to Terry (RENA), he said he had some old clothes he would give up for the cause and when I returned from visiting FLEXIBLE , Terry has several bags of stuff waiting for me ! Most of which was clothes he had extra of and a couple bags of food ! After telling me about what was in the care package he had made up , I was invited aboard and offered some Jamaican Rum he had run across at a local shop!!
The crew from MOONLIGHT SUE was already there and we all passed the night telling stories, drinking rum and enjoying the 70 degree night aboard a 100 year old tall ship! RENA's missen flag (below) can be seen from miles away, approx 200 sqft of flag waving is hard to miss.
It's an inspirational sight to say the least.
There was sooooo many cool things aboard this vessel . The history was tangible. I was aching to snap pix but held off because this was their home and it just didn't seem right to record every single thing. However I did ask to get a photo of the flare gun. Another piece of ancient but still usable equipment that had been aboard the ship for years .
Over 2 lbs of KABOOM.!!!
Thanks Terry &Donna for the relaxing evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment