National radar

Friday, December 20, 2013

Dragging anchor

The standard Easterlies are a blowin today and maybe a bit more than usual.
I figured 3 anchors with 30-35ft of rode in 2ft of water would wold me still....
NOT.
by the time the motor was warm enough to not die when put in gear, all 3 anchors were pulled and dragging.
to top that off I am on the upwind side of the whole anchorage/mooring field.
I am glad of my habit of standing watch in this kind wind. It has saved me several time on this trip but today was a better save than all the rest due to the amount of vessels out here.
Since the wind is forecasted to blow like this or worse , I couldn't even go ashore to the PO(if the parcel was even there, which it's not.) so I can leave.
Damned if I do , damned if I don't.
I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and eyes open and hope everything stays calm(cruiser/FWC wise) till I can act.


No comments:

Post a Comment