National radar

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Different spot Marathon

Went for a short sail , picked up Dave on the way out.
Sailed west about 3 miles and turned around due to storm front bearing down on us. 
Didn't make it back and got rained on. Rain didn't last long, but it was enough to bring out the noseeums in mass when we arrived back at harbor . 
I sailed on after dropping off Dave . 
Went to a different anchorage on some advice I was given. 
I arrived after dark in a shallow spot where other boats are anchored all lit by the enormous full moon.
Found out one of my big water jugs had overturned while out in rough water , I had about 3gallons on the floor and a wet tool chest where I keep my cordless tools so they will stay dry.....they got damp but it could have been worse.
I left with the intention of trolling for a fish or 3 . 
No luck there . Lost a lure and tangled the other line under the boat.
Oh well.
I would normally call this a bad day but I got to actually DO something for once, so I'll just call it a day and leave it at that.
Sorry no pix. Too much water and not enough hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment