National radar

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Small world

This afternoon while fiddling around with stuff in the cockpit I turned just in time to see a familiar sight.
Lil sailboat with whom I sailed upon the Mississippi and Red Rivers goes by under tow fully loaded with people, none of which was Dave , the guy who was it's master last year.
Lil sailboat is now anchored 2 boats to the east of me.
I decided to call Dave and make contact, (I had forgotten to do so upon arrival).
Low and behold , he was one of the boats anchored at the first place I had dropped anchor when I arrived here!!
I don't wonder why we didn't cross paths because the weather was awful. both of us was inside shelter.
Tomorrow "weather permitting" I'll be going over to visit. I seems he has discovered what I have been looking for . access to town.
maybe by tomorrow I will have some pix to share.
Although the Thanksgiving was great and the people were nice, I knew I was definitely out of place.
If I was well enough off to have a mooring ball things may be different.
I have the feeling that I will be going back to the first place I had anchored to get reset and explore the area a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment