National radar

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Staging

I Started prepping today for the whole Everglades thing. Will be attempting to relocate to a "I'm ready to go " spot tomorrow. Will visit a marina on the way past the east side of Marco Island.
I checked a coverage map for att down here and it looks like I will be out of signal about the time I lose sight of Marco Island or sooner.
If all goes right I will be about 3 days off the grid. weather pending. For anyone who has a Navionics app on their phones I will be marking my spots with and anchor symbol. (this app works without a signal using GPS.)
In worst case scenario I will post a MSG where I am and whats up.
Honestly , after seeing practically nothing but houses since St, Pete I am looking fwd to this, even though I am a bit nervous about lack of forecasting ability . I am hoping this north wind in the forecast holds true.
If weather magically appears. you can bet I will hunker down in a safe spot till it passes before moving again.
By watching the offshore zone forecast on NOAA website for the Everglades area , you will know what weather I am receiving. and may be able to predict when my arrival time is better than me!
In wind less than 10 I get 30-40 miles in. winds 10-15 I'll get 50+ miles. If you see anything above 15 then I will get zero miles in ( I stay put).
I have provided radar on this blog for everyone use. It will show rain only. but you can bet if its raining , I am not moving.
will try  and post a MSG tomorrow before losing signal.

No comments:

Post a Comment