National radar

Sunday, November 17, 2013

After an hour or more of trying to hoist 3 embeded anchors, I get under way. Upon getting to the really tight area getting out of the hole I was in I find the 6 ft wide channel to be full of kayakers ... I think they got the idea to move after I rang my bell a buch of times....
anyway I get past the  channel by 100ft or so and realize the current has me drifting quickly towards where I didn't want to be. Upon this realization I notice a HUGE log 30 ft downstream from me and I bout peed right there. OK throttle UP!
Come on bessy! You can do it! AAAAAAAAaaaaaaannnnnnnndd..........
whew! missed it by less than a foot!!!!!
Ok so I get over by the marina and the wind is blowing pretty good now. 10-15 mph.
got my $25 in gas dumped garbage and potty , got water and away we go!
 almost to the bridge and here come these boats towing sailboats for whatever reason , moving along at a decent clip!


...looked a bit risky to me but hey! I'm just a rookie....
Oh well.
Now at google coords
25.910362, -81.635266
for the night.
Will be heading out first thing hopefully with a North wind as forecasted!
I barely have enough signal to post this , watched the signal bars drop all afternoon.
I just now found out from the Captain of GYPSY that vhf wx works in the glades.
this is good . not so worried now.
While I sit here my thoughts and well wishes go out to all the folks back home who received one of the worst storms to hit Illinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment