National radar

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Northbound

Click HERE for my current location.
As I hoisted anchor today, I had an easterly wind as predicted , as soon as I reached the Gulf it turned into a northerly wind (only cause I was going that way i'm sure) , I was able to sail the day away but fell short of my target(the dog beach).
I reached Wiggins pass after sunset , amid some of the heaviest tidal current I think I have seen yet.
Skeeters about skinned me alive while setting anchor.
I did manage to get some pix today , but those folks on the beach has me beat I bet . I had the setting sun for my background and the folks on the beach(at least 50 that I saw) had their arms up in the "I'm taking a picture " pose. not to mentions the flicker of flashes that was happening at the same time.....
I would think that the amount of photo's that have been taken of me , that I would have seen some of them by now. oh well . maybe some day.
 I forgot I took the photo of the oyster with a face! Ever feel like your being watched?lol
 One of the smaller shacks at poor ol Naple's ....
 Average courtesy in Naples pass.
 AAAhhhh There it is! When I go hide from weather for so long I miss the Gulf....
A HUGE catamaran on a tour. Fully loaded to the max!


And theres the news folks! The forecast says SE wind tomorrow, I reeeaaallly hope they mean it this time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment