National radar

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Finally! a nice relaxing day!

My day started paddling toward the Matanza Inn public dingy dock , when a nice couple pulled up and offered me a tow to the dock! 
I get ashore and get to the Post Office and walla!
My first ever Po box! 
address as follows.
Robin Wiest
P.O. Box 5024
Fort Myers Beach, FL 33932

Since my other tasks were a ways away , I explored the area a bit .
I got some pix of some art and statues.

That's a relief conch shell up there.
I don't know if Ya'll can see the golden halo surrounding this or hear the angelic choir in the background , but I sure did! Magnetic quality of DQ is explainable and irresistible.
This golden statue had these kids' attention completely, probably because it is really a guy on a real bike that would burst into motion suddenly and the only noise he made was using a diaphram in his mouth for "speaking" and the bike horn! I got a good laugh of some of the other kids' reaction .
There was a LOT of people out today.
These flowering bushes are everywhere down here!
I also got to make a few connections by handing out a few business cards! hope they work ok.
I even got to take Kitty to the sand bar next to where I'm anchored! She ran and ran and ran a lil slower and slower lol I think she is a little out of shape! 
And that's the news folks! 

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics of Ft. Meyers. Sorry we missed seeing it on the way down. DQ Patty Melt and a shake.......was hooked on those in Port Isabel and Rockport. Delicious! Happy you had such a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete