National radar

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Back at the dog beach!

Click HERE for my location.
The day started out great with the predicted wind from the east.....that didn't last long though , the wind laid and turned into a north northwest wind withing a couple hours.

Its kinda weird traveling along a route that I have been before. Since I left Bath , I was traveling a new unexplored world and did so until leaving Marathon to come north.
I see all the stuff I saw before with surprising accuracy.
Ironic that I can remember terrain details and current patterns but will forget what the heck I was talking about halfway through a conversation!
I now realize one of the perks to the Everglades that , while noticeable, wasn't flat out obvious, is that it's quiet there.
My present anchor spot  is next to a treeline that has a highway right on the other side. There is an airport close also...plus the boat traffic is incredible.
With out the immediate threat of storm conditions , I anchored in a different spot than last time here. I wont be here long enough to enjoy it though due to low water and supplies. A pump out wouldn't be a bad idea either.
I just snapped a couple pix for the sake of it.
 I transplanted my recently cropped plants, I am down to 1 green onion(I ate the rest)(started in Carrabelle, 1 sage plant(started in Bath, and 2 basil plants(also started in Carrabelle).
Here is the view! at least I can see the Gulf conditions before hoisting anchor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment