National radar

Monday, April 28, 2014

What about Bob?

Here the past few days I have had a chance to help Bob. Bob has a 30 ft Tartan named SPIRIT that will soon be named SPARTAN! He has asked me to help get her back into ship shape and I agreed to help!
Here is a picture of Bob airing up his recently acquired inflatable skiff that has a leak in the front air bladder.
 and yes that's a leaf blower.
Bob asked me to cut his grass and  is also letting me use his motorcycle for a while so I can get to his place to mow!

Before I even started this trip I had been looking for an 8ft jon boat and have actively looked for one during my travels, not having any luck.
I mentioned to Bob that I was seeking a skiff to compliment DAWGFISH and he offered to show my his "lil aluminum boat". I thought this was a nice offer but kept my hopes low just in case.
One afternoon Bob and his wife offered me dinner(which was most excellent!) while I was checking out the lawn I was going to be mowing( which is a nicely out of the way spot), when he showed me the lil boat......
I was floored.... there one was .... the long sought after 8 ft jon boat.
It practically glowed in my eyes! Angelic choir in the background roaring!
Now its at DAWGFISH. Thank you Bob!!
First I have to get it registered , second patch the small leak(no problem), 3rd get motor and all the safety stuff required. and then????
I while get to be 90% more free to roam while at anchor!
Here is the skiff.
Well thats all for now !
Hope everyone has a great day!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment